- 2023-24 Start of School Info
- Dress COde
- Soar to Success
- Bell Schedule
- School Supplies
- BUS ROUTES
- PARENT SQUARE
Back to School Information 2023-2024
- 10th: First Day of School!
- 24th: Picture Day
- 29th: Meet the Teacher
- 4th: Labor Day - No School
First Day - Thursday, August 10, 2022
Parents may not enter the building! We will take care of your students. Don't worry!
Click here to access step-by-step instructions with screenshots for registration.
Click here to access step-by-step instructions without screenshots.
We are available to help you should you need any assistance with this process. Please don't hesitate to call us at 972.968.4400. We can even help you complete it over the phone!!
Standardized Dress Code Policy for Perry Middle School - Order Spirit Wear Here
The purpose of the School Dress Code Policy is to provide opportunities for increased school safety, to encourage our students to experience a greater sense of school identity and belonging, to encourage improvement in student behavior, and expand academic excellence while promoting positive school wide image.
Students who violate the DeWitt Perry Middle School dress code and require frequent and ongoing corrections from the administrative team will be deemed insubordinate. Consequences for insubordination will be considered serious. Administrative time is very valuable and is best spent working with staff on outstanding curriculum and instructional delivery rather than regularly students about dress code issues.
This information has been provided to assist parents in shopping for school clothes that meet the DeWitt Perry Middle School student standardized dress policy as approved by Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD. The building administrative team--specifically the principal--will have the final authority as to compliance with dress policy.
The color chart on this page accurately represents the approved uniform colors.
We will be allowing "free bottoms" this year that follow the CFB ISD Dress Code. Final decision is at the discretion of administration.
- Skirts and shorts must be mid-thigh or longer in length
- Should jeans/pants have frays, rips, or tears above the midthigh (appropriate length of shorts), students must wear leggings underneath the jeans
- Shirts must overlap the waistband of pants, skirts, or shorts
Must fit at the waist and undergarments not visible
No leggings are permitted
No "biker shorts" permitted
No pajamas permitted
- DeWitt Perry t-shirt must be worn every day
DeWitt Perry t-shirt must be worn under any sweatshirt, hoodie, or outer jacket
Shirt must be long enough to cover stomach and back when arms are raised and when seated
Undergarments not visible
College shirts and CFBISD high school shirts may be worn on FRIDAYS ONLY (NO professional teams are allowed)
Sweatshirts, Sweaters, Hoodies
- Must be solid colors, no stripes, no wording, no designs larger than 1 inch allowed (small Nike "swoosh" acceptable)
- Must be sized appropriately
- Must be solid black, red, white, grey or DeWitt Perry
- College and CFBISD high school jackets and sweatshirts may be worn on FRIDAYS ONLY
- NO professional teams are allowed
- No heels, only flats
- Closed toe shoes, tennis shoes preferred for safety
- No flip flops or slide sandals
- Crocs must be worn with the back strap
Coats & Cold Weather Attire
- All coats and jackets must meet CFBISD dress code requirements
- Any coat or jacket may be worn to and from school during cold weather.
- Coats and jackets that are solid red, white, or black may be worn throughout the day.
- All other coats and jackets will be placed in backpacks and not worn during instructional time.
Blankets are not allowed
- Must be neat, clean and non-distracting
Designs shaved into hair must be school appropriate. Designs may not condone or represent drugs, gangs, alcohol, profanity, violence, obscenity, or anything deemed inappropriate by school administration.
Notched or shaved eyebrows are not allowed
Non-natural hair color will be at the discretion of the principal
- Students may not wear the following: tongue piercings, lip rings, nose rings, ear gauges/spacers or facial decorations
One small nose stud is allowed
No decorative teeth coverings or teeth jewelry
Caps, hats, bandanas, hair rollers/curlers or similar grooming items shall not be worn by students in the building
Earbuds are not to be worn in the hallway
Hoods are not to be worn in the building
IDs are to be worn and visible at all times
Students without IDs will be required to have one printed at a cost of $3.
For additional information, please contact Perry Middle School at 972-968-4400
1 - Earbuds
2 - Kleenex Tissues
4 - 120 ct Wide Ruled Notebook Paper
4 - Pocket Folders with Brads (various colors)
4 - Wide Ruled Spirals (various colors)
4 - Glue Stick
2 - Black Marble Composition Book
2 - 8 tab Dividers
24 - Black Pens
24 - Pencils (No 2)
1 - 12 count Colored Pencils
1 - 8 count Broad Tip Markers
4 - Highlighters
1 - Sticky Notes (100 sheets)
1 - 1" White Binder
1 - 1" Black Binder
1 - Index Cards (100 sheets)
4 - Erasers
ParentSquare & Social Media
All district and campus information goes out through Parent Square. It is simple and easy to download the app and get started today! Stay up-to-date on changes, protocols, safety information, and teacher updates by making sure you have access through Parent Square this year!
Step 1: Download the iPhone or Android mobile app
Step 2: Login with your email or phone registered with the school.
Step 3: Start receiving posts relevant to your child.
Make sure you follow our Perry Social Media pages!
- Facebook: @DeWittPerryMS
- Twitter: @DeWitt_Perry
- Shameless plug...follow Mrs. Cisneros on Twitter too, please! @MrsCisnerosCFB
- Instagram: @dewittperryms